Thanks to the dedicated efforts of more than 500 volunteers and the financial support of more than 4,500 South Carolina Waterfowl Association (SCWA) members and sponsors, your Association has accomplished the following in the past 30 years:
- Distributed and installed 22,650 wood duck nest boxes resulting in the production of more than 990,000 wood ducks.
- Created the 410-acre SCWA Wildlife Education Center (WEC), the home of SCWA’s Camp Woodie, the nation’s leading youth wildlife education summer camp. The WEC is also home to Camp Leopold, SCWA’s school-year natural resource, conservation camp for 3rd – 7th graders. In 2016, more than 900 youth attended Camp Woodie and more than 6,000 youth will attend Camp Leopold. Since 1986, Conservation Education has been provided to more than 82,000 youth.
- Provided wetland management assistance to 600 landowners resulting in the creation and enhancement of thousands of acres of managed wetlands.
- Produced more than 160,000 songbirds and released 880,000 mallards.
- Added 75 to 100 thousand waterfowl to South Carolina’s waterfowl population on an annual basis.
- Grown to become the Nation’s second largest state Waterfowl Association.
To ensure future years of success and growth, we must expand our commitment to conserve and enhance South Carolina’s waterfowl and wetland resources. We need your help to pass on the legacy of our waterfowl and wildlife heritage to the next
To learn more about SCWA or to become a member call 803-452-6001 or visit www.scwa.org.
I greatly appreciate your interest and support.
Here’s to the next 30 years!
David J. Wielicki
South Carolina Waterfowl Association Executive Director