July 21st – 22nd, 2017
Tournament Venue: Don Deas Farm
3591 Pageland Highway
Lancaster, SC 29720
Contact: Robbie – (803) 246-5743 or Don – (803) 320-1023
The Lancaster Chapter of the South Carolina Waterfowl Association is gearing up for their 3rd Annual Frog Gigging Tournament.
Check in starts July 21st at 5:30pm through 7:30pm. There is a mandatory team meeting from 7:30pm to 8:00pm. The tournament starts at 8:00pm sharp and weigh-in will be at 8:00am the next morning on July 22nd. You can also preregister at Dixie Food Mart.
Raffles and Prizes include; Coolers, Guns, and Cash.
Entry Fee is $50.00 per two person team.
1st through 3rd place prizes on 20 Heaviest Frogs
Big Frog Cash Pot
GIGS ONLY! No Shooting Frogs!
Official Rules for the Frog Gig
1) Dates and Times
- Registration will begin at 5:30 p.m. and continue to 7:30 p.m. on Friday evening, July 21st, 2017
- Teams that have preregistered must be checked in by 7:30 p.m.
- A mandatory meeting will be held at 7:30 p.m., the team captain must be present.
- Weigh in time will be at 8 a.m. on Saturday morning July 22nd, 2017.
2) Tackle and Equipment
- Frogs may be taken with gig or by hand only!
- Frogs taken alive and without breaking the skin may be culled in favor of larger frogs.
- No firearms allowed!
- Frogs will be checked for lead or other fillers to make weight heavier.
- Teams may take frogs within a 300 mile radius of the tournament weigh-in location.
- Teams must have written permission to take frogs from private land.
- Teams must possess valid hunting and fishing license as required by state law.
- Biggest frog by weight.
- Total weight of 20 frogs.
- Total weight of frogs will have 1st through 3rd place prizes.
- No cheating! Frogs will be checked for bullet holes and anything illegal to make the frog heavy such as lead, corn, wheat. Stuffing a frog so-to-speak.
- SCDNR will be at check-in and team meeting.
- Cheating of any kind will not be tolerated.
5) Venue: Don Deas Farm – 3591 Pageland Hwy – Lancaster, S.C. 29720
Robbie Boone (803) 246-5743
Don Deas (803) 320-1023
Chad Channel (803) 385-8400